Spring Forager's Club 2017
"A heartfelt thanks to you for running such an informative, engaging and perennial course. Wilhelmina had a wonderful time!.. It was certainly the best birthday gift and one that keeps on giving. Our walks are now flavoured with sorrel, perfumed with wild garlic and textured by sedges (with edges)."
There are many good sources of wild food that become available in the spring... tasty vitamin enriched green salad plants, nutty underground tubers, delicate tasting shoots and flower heads. Some are gourmet foods served only by the best restaurants, and with a little knowledge you can learn to harvest them for yourself too.
This 4 day course (Sundays) will provide you with the knowledge and skills that you need to locate, identify and prepare a wide variety of wild foods. Whether preparing for a dinner party or a survival situation, this organised foraging course aims to give you the skills that you need!
(Spring and Summer 2017 clubs purchased together: £250.00)
- First hand advice from Fred the Forager so that you can identify your finds properly and safely
- Knowledge of where to search to maximise your effectiveness and increase your confidence in finding a range of good edible species for the table
- Experience of foraging in different habitats; riverside, woodlands and wildflower meadows, all within 20 miles of Avebury, Wiltshire
- 12 months email support - send in pictures and Fred will help to identify your finds
- Information on cooking and preserving wild food harvests successfully
- Directions on how to pick wild foods without damaging future populations
- Members can bring one non-paying guest on one of the days and there is a delicious WILD FOOD FEAST on the last day!
Pignut - a delicious spring edible from under the earth
I have 34 years of foraging experience to bring to your table and I have taught thousands of people how to forage. I am also the author of "Poisonous Plants in Great Britain", so joining the club is an opportunity to gain confidence in foraging safely as well as learning how to avoid all the harmful look-alikes, making sure you take home only fresh gourmet ingredients!
Young ox-eye daisy, reminding me of rocket!
2017 DATES / TIMES:
9th April - 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM
7th May - 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM
21st May - 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM
11th June - 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Cost of membership (18 hours of tuition) for 2017: £135.00.
Buy 2 and save: Membership of both spring and summer clubs can be purchased together for £250.00
Please note a gift voucher is available for this course. Click the Gift Vouchers link at the left of this page for more information or go to the Shop link to purchase.
Bookings can be made simply by sending an email to Fred@thewildsideoflife.co.uk (put SPRING FORAGER'S CLUB in the subject line). Your place will be secure once full payment has been received via cheque or PayPal.
If you have received a gift voucher for this course from a friend then your place has already been paid for and you must get in touch using the email above to reserve your place.
See you in the wild!